Author, Editor, Speaker
My goal is to help you succeed in finding your writing niche in the literary marketplace. Here are some general guidelines you should follow when submitting your work.
Make sure your synopsis and manuscript are polished to the highest quality. The less time I spend on spelling or grammatical errors, the more I can devote to plot and structure. Make sure your book has in-depth characterization with emotion and sensory detail. The plot needs to develop a story arc that reaches fruition.
When submitting your work, please follow these guidelines:
· 12 point font in Courier New or Times New Roman. Query and cover letters need to be single-spaced with double spacing between paragraphs. All manuscripts are double-spaced. Please have one-inch margins with approx. 250 words per page.
· Always enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope for any responses.
· E-mail submissions preferred.
· Make sure you know your genre and that your submission fits said category.
Editing fees and options are listed below. Word counts are based on the count provided by your computer.
· $50.00 for a synopsis and the first three chapters. This is especially helpful to new authors who can use the critique to apply the tools I give them to the rest of the manuscript.
· $350.00 for a 4 page synopsis and manuscript of 50 to 65,000 words.
· $450.00 for a 4 page synopsis and manuscript of 65 to 80,000 words.
· $500.00 for any 4 page synopsis and manuscript over 80,000 words, up to 120,000 words. Manuscripts over this word count will be evaluated on an individual basis.
· $175.00 for read through only. I will check for flow, plot, structure, characterizations, culmination of story arc, and overall strength of writing.
· Discounts given to clients who are referred by current clients